To stay healthy it’s important to participate in physical activity. Physical fitness is the functioning of the heart, blood vessels, lungs, and muscles to function at optimum efficiency. Fitness can also be divided into five categories: aerobic fitness, muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility, and body composition. Physical fitness can also prevent or treat many chronic health conditions brought on by unhealthy lifestyle or aging, among other implications. Among the recognized benefits of doing regular aerobic exercise are:
· Strengthening the muscles involved in respiration, to facilitate the flow of air in and out of the lungs
· Strengthening and enlarging the heart muscle, to improve its pumping efficiency and reduce the resting heart rate
· Toning muscles throughout the body
· Improving circulation efficiency and reducing blood pressure
· Increasing the total number of red blood cells in the body, facilitating transport of oxygen
· Improved mental health, including reducing stress and lowering the incidence of depression
· Working out can also help people sleep better.
The cardio circuit offered by the War Room begins with a warm-up followed by a variety of partnered circuit exercises using medicine balls and your body’s own resistance. It’s an hour of your life well worth spent. Your body and heart will thank you for it.
· Class Schedule
· Instructors: Ben Dona